At first glance, Hasura is a PaaS with BaaS components. It’s built with CoreOS, Docker & Kubernetes so it can run anywhere. Our design goals are:
- Be the fastest way to get a production backend up and running (like Parse/Firebase): Taking our cues from Parse and the amazing rapid development experience, we made tools to create the data and auth APIs as fast as possible.
- Provide common architecture and tooling across ALL projects
- No restriction on choice of development language/framework
- No infrastructure dependency
- Support offline development